Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mark Check Interval in Bank Reconciliation


While going through the Bank Reconciliation process in Dynamics AX, I came across "Mark Check Interval" button. I clicked on the same and I was asked to provide the interval for the Check numbers.
I did so and clicked ok, however couldn't really make out what happened.

Then I used the "Show Transactions" drop down for my assistance and I quickly understood what happened. If the transactions would have been less, then I would have immediately understood the functionality, but because the transactions were more I had to use the drop down.

Generally checks in the bank check book are sequential in nature. By this I mean if the first check in the series is 000111, then the next would be 000112, 000113...000120 etc. If you have issued checks to your suppliers and if they have been presented in the bank and honoured, then they will definitely appear on the bank statement. Now there may me tens and hundreds of checks issued and it may be difficult and frustrating to mark them one by one, while reconciliation. To avoid this pain, Dynamics AX has given this functionality where you can specify a range of checks that needs to be marked for reconciliation. And once clicked ok, all the checks in that range will be marked automatically.

Please have a look at the screenshots as picture speaks a thousand words...!

Notice that currently one transaction is marked as reconciled, after i have selected Show Transactions = Reconciled

 
I click on the Mark Check Interval and specify the range of the check numbers to be automatically marked for reconciliation.


 
After i click ok, the checks which fall in that range are automatically marked for reconciliation.

 
Hope this was helpful.
 
Thanks!
 
AXAPTAMANIAC
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment